WHAT...Dougie’s Team consists of individuals who participate in a variety of sporting events to raise money for the Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation for Autism. Some have a family member, close friend or colleague who is living with autism. Others are runners looking to add some meaning to thier next marathon. Some are simply moved by the story of Doug & Laurie Flutie, whose personal experience of having a child diagnosed with autism, inspired them to help others. Whatever your motivation, we welcome you!
WHY...To encourgae acceptance and raise awarness about autism, while raising money to create programs and partnerships that are helping families affected by autism live life to the fulles.
HOW....Whether you run, participate in triathlons, cycle, or hike, there's a place for you on Dougie’s Team! Pick an event, register, complete a Dougie's Team application. Start training!
By competing for Dougies Team you will receive:
• An official Dougies Team t-shirt, Flutie Foundation wristband, and Flutie Foundation string bag
• Personalized fundraising page
• Support from each other as well as Flutie Foundation staff and volunteers.
Official Dougie’s Team Events
2019 Boston Marathon
The Flutie Foundation is proud to be an official charity partner for the 2019 Boston Marathon to be held on Monday, April 15th. You can see Dougie's 2019 Boston Marathon team and to support thier fundraising efforts CLICK HERE>>
Falmouth Road Race
The Flutie Foundations is NOW ACCEPTING Dougie's Team applications for 47th New Balance Falmouth Road Race on Sunday, August 18th in Cape Cod.
- $1,000 fundraising minimum for applicants seeking a charity bib
- $500 fundraising minimum for applicants with their own invitational bib
As a Dougie's Team member, you will recieve:
- Experience of running this historic summer race
- Dougie’s Team race singlet
- Official bib into the race
- Guidance and support from CharityTeams.com ( my logo)
Make any event a Dougie’s Team Event
If you decide you want to compete for Dougie’s Team at an event in your hometown or another location, that’s great! We welcome you to the team and are here to support your efforts. Visit www.active.com to find an event in your area.
Complete a Dougie's Team Registration Form and let us know more about your plans.
For more information about Dougie's Team, please contact us.