WHAT...Dougie’s Team consists of individuals who participate in a variety of sporting events to raise money for the Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation for Autism. Some have a family member, close friend or colleague who is living with autism. Others are runners looking to add some meaning to thier next marathon. Some are simply moved by the story of Doug & Laurie Flutie, whose personal experience of having a child diagnosed with autism, inspired them to help others. Whatever your motivation, we welcome you!
WHY...To encourgae acceptance and raise awarness about autism, while raising money to create programs and partnerships that are helping families affected by autism live life to the fulles.
HOW....Whether you run, participate in triathlons, cycle, or hike, there's a place for you on Dougie’s Team! Pick an event, register, complete a Dougie's Team application. Start training!
By competing for Dougies Team you will receive:
• An official Dougies Team t-shirt, Flutie Foundation wristband, and Flutie Foundation string bag
• Personalized fundraising page
• Support from each other as well as Flutie Foundation staff and volunteers.
Official Dougie’s Team Events
2019 Boston Marathon
The Flutie Foundation is proud to be an official charity partner for the 2019 Boston Marathon to be held on Monday, April 15, 2019. We are now accpeting applications runners who have received entries through qualification or outside invitations only. Qualified and invitational runners must pledge to exceed $2,000 in order to become a member of Dougies Team. CLICK HERE to apply.
All Dougies Team Charity and Registered/Qualified Runners will receive:
- Personalized fundraising support and guidance
- Personalized training plan and access to experienced coaching from Charity Teams
- Organized weekly group runs, nutrition advice and individual training plans
- Dougis Team gear and race singlet
- Unsurpassed team spirit
- Dougies Team pre-party event on race weekend
- Private bus to the start on race day
Make any event a Dougie’s Team Event
If you decide you want to compete for Dougie’s Team at an event in your hometown or another location, that’s great! We welcome you to the team and are here to support your efforts. Visit www.active.com to find an event in your area.
Complete a Dougie's Team Registration Form and let us know more about your plans.
For more information about Dougie's Team, please contact us.