Thank you so much for your incredible support of the Flutie Foundation in 2018.
It has been a pleasure working with you in my first year as Executive Director. This great mission that we share belongs to all of us, from the Flutie Family to all our partners, families, grantees, donors, staff and volunteers. I look forward to continuing to work with and learn from you in the new year!
Two themes emerged for me in my first year at Flutie Foundation:
- There are a variety of needs to be addressed, and people with autism and their families continue to face many challenges in living their everyday life.
- There are so many incredible people and organizations working to make lives better for people and families affected by autism.
Our role at Flutie Foundation is to connect these two themes, by supporting people and families affected by autism, doing it collaboratively, and doing it today.
We are driven by the needs we see and hear about each day in the autism community: Financial hardships faced by families. Lack of fitness options. Unemployment. And more. The best way we can go about addressing these needs is to actively partner and build close relationships with those who are making a meaningful impact. This year we’ll be working with people and organizations like...
- Autism Sprinter to help families in Boston receive fair and equitable access to resources, health care, education and accommodations;
- Cardinal Cushing Centers, to launch a new transportation-training program, helping teens and adults learn to navigate their communities safely.
- The Keller family, who started the Allison Keller Technology Program, a fund within our Foundation, to provide technology supports to schools and organizations.
- You! We want to work with you this year!
Are you a family in need of a tracking bracelet or funds for your child to go to camp? Call us.
Are you an organization with an innovative idea to improve employment options for people with autism? Please reach out.
Are you a donor looking establish a program or a fund that will make an impact on people with autism? Let’s work together.
If you are passionate about making today better for people and families affected by autism, there's a seat at the table for you here at the Flutie Foundation. Let's get to work.
Best wishes to you and your family for a happy, healthy 2019!