Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation of Autism - Framingham, MA
Development Coordinator – Events and Operations
Salary Range $35,000-$42,500
About the Flutie Foundation
The Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation for Autism was established in 1998 by former NFL quarterback Doug Flutie and his wife, Laurie, in honor of their son, Doug, Jr., who was diagnosed with autism at the age of three. Over the last 22 years, DFJFA has impacted thousands of people and families affected by autism through several programs and initiatives. In addition to a robust annual general grant program, DFJFA provides technology supports, adaptive camp scholarships, community safety support, direct financial assistance to families, and employment opportunities for adults with autism.
A newly created position, the Development and Events Coordinator (DEC), will be an integral role within the development department, supporting and executing key Foundation events and initiatives while maintaining constituent data, including gift processing, database, and list management, reporting, and donor research. This person will join a small but dynamic and action-oriented team. The DEC will report to the Director of Development and work closely with the Program and Operations Coordinator. The position will be 60% remote (work-from-home). DEC will be expected to work from Framingham, MA office and attend meetings and events regularly throughout Greater Boston.
FUNDRAISING and event SUPPORT
Working with the Director of Development, support the implementation of the Foundation’s fundraising campaigns and events (year-end, virtual and live events, donor/sponsor stewardship, and renewal).
- Assist in planning and execution of two Flutie Foundation signature events – the Flutie 5k and the annual gala
- Work with the marketing department to manage online event platforms while ensuring proper registration, reporting, ticket purchases, confirmation emails, electronic receipts, silent auction, and raffle ticket sales
- Manage event logistical details, serving as the point of contact for vendors
- Work with the communications and marketing department to promote fundraising events using digital marketing outreach.
- Monitor and ensure the appropriate follow up, and acknowledgment occurs with donors and supporters
- Manage a portfolio of corporate partner’s fundraising initiatives
- Working with the marketing department, coordinate and execute a schedule of direct mail appeals.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Foundation’s programs and strategies and utilize this information to engage donors to support the Foundation's work through fundraising opportunities
Operational Fundraising support
Responsible for oversight, implementation, and management of Constituent Relationship Management through our database. This includes gift processing and the acknowledgment process, creating various reports, and prospect research and analysis.
- Responsible for donor database entry, including gift processing, coding, classifying, and acknowledgment with accuracy and integrity
- Maintain constituent data while ensuring overall data integrity. Run reports, synthesize information, and share frequent updates about current and prospective donors
- Recommend processes and policies that enhance the gift administration function, create efficiencies, and leverage matching gift revenues
- Coordinate and execute special mailings, including holiday cards, gift acknowledgments, etc.
- Perform various administrative and external-facing tasks aimed at further engagement and stewardship of donors and other organizational stakeholders
- Represent Foundation at third-party events, networking events, signature events, and other opportunities.
- All other duties assigned by the Director of Development and Executive Director, including operational and fundraising administrative duties
Recruit and coordinate volunteer needs for all Flutie Foundation events
- Coordinate for the appropriate number of volunteers at Flutie Foundation events, including the annual gala, Dougie’s Team events, Flutie 5k, BAA Adaptive Program, and other 3rd party events
- Create and maintain a database for volunteers while increasing consistent engagement
- Manage all volunteer communications, job descriptions, trainings, assignments, and supervision at events to ensure coverage and adherence to Flutie Foundation operating policies and practices
SKILLS, CHARACTERISTICS, COMPETENCIES, AND BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS
- Passion for improving lives for people with autism, their families, and their communities
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite with expertise in Excel
- Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities
- Motivated self-starter who strives for high-quality work always
- Demonstrated capability to conduct oneself in a calm and professional demeanor when dealing with people and/or with difficult situations
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to thrive amongst change and uncertainty
Flutie Foundation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants of all races, colors, religions, genders, gender identities or expressions, sexual orientation, national origins, disabilities, ages, or veteran status, are enthusiastically encouraged to apply.