The Flutie Foundation is currently seeing a full-time Development Manager and Operations & Program Coordinator.
Full-Time/Year-Round Position, Framingham, MA
A newly developed position, this person will be responsible for implementing a number of external-facing fundraising strategies designed to cultivate, maintain and grow relationships with current donors, Champions (fundraisers), and new prospects. The Development Manager will lead The Foundation’s peer-to-peer fundraising efforts, while executing The Foundation’s ongoing donor stewardship and solicitation strategies, including the annual campaign. This position will work closely with the Community Engagement Manager, the Director of Marketing and Events and report to the Executive Director.
Manage Foundation Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Program (Dougie's Team)
- Boston Marathon and Falmouth Road race team management: In partnership with consultant, manage runner selection, training and fundraising processes.
- Manage individual relationships with Dougie’s Team members, focusing on excellent customer service throughout their race process, and strategize for team members’ continued involvement with The Foundation after race concludes.
- Work with colleagues and Dougie's Team alumni to strategize and execute overall growth of program, including additional races/opportunities.
- Attend events associated with program including Boston Marathon week-end, Falmouth Road Race, and team members’ individual fundraisers.
Donor Management and Stewardship
- Lead the implementation of The Foundation’s annual fundraising campaign, as well as ongoing donor solicitation, recognition and stewardship strategies
- Maintain personal portfolio of key donors/corporate partners, with goal of continued and increased financial investment across Foundation initiatives and events.
- Participate in and lead meetings with individual, corporate, and foundation prospects and donors, engaging them in supporting The Foundation.
- Research individual, corporate, and foundation prospects and prepare associated recommendations for staff and leadership.
- Work with Executive Director and Director of Marketing to solicit and renew sponsors and attendees at Annual Foundation signature events: Annual Gala and 5K
- Manage live and silent auction processes at Annual Gala and additional events throughout year.
- Represent Foundation at third-party events, marketing booths, networking events, and other opportunities.
Skills, Characteristics, Competencies Needed
- Passion for improving lives for people with autism, their families, and their communities
- Excellence in relationship-building
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Eagerness to learn, grow, and stay on top of trends in philanthropy, business, and autism services.
- Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities.
- Demonstrated capability to conduct one’s self in a calm and professional demeanor when dealing with people and/or with difficult situations.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff, volunteers, and other constituents.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the following competencies:
- Action oriented, Drive for Results, Dealing with Change & Uncertainty, Building Effective Teams, Customer Focused, Managing vision and purpose.
- Minimum 3 years w/ revenue-generating experience in fundraising/development
- Bachelor’s Degree
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Operations & Program Coordinator
Full-Time/Year-Round Position, Framingham, MA
The Operations & Program Coordinator will provide an important support role for the Flutie Foundation. This person will help in planning and organizing programs as well as carry out important operational duties as it relates to Donor database management, program support and development, coordination of day to day administrative procedures and event support (payment/sponsorship & registration process).
- Provide support to the Director of Programs and Operations to include:
- Handle general inquiries on programs and grants by phone and email
- Assist with grant management database for all grant cycles (Signature Grant Cycle, Joey’s Fund, Allison Keller Education Technology Program)
- Process grant agreement generation and signing process
- Request and distribute all grant checks to recipients
- Attend site visits when appropriate
- Fun in the Sun Watersports Program
- Working directly with partner, coordinate and track registration process for participants.
- Create and distribute invoices for upon completion
- Safe & Secure Program
- Screen applications and process tracking devices through SafetyNet Partnership
- Maintain updated records of devices and need in community
- Follow up with applicants and partner on status and usage
- Work with the Director of Programs & Operations to assist in the development of existing programs and cultivating new programs and opportunities for the autism community.
- Flutie Spectrum Enterprise (On-site Social Enterprise Employment Program)
- Job coordination with Vendors
- Vendor invoicing
- This position will work closely with external Financial Office on all aspects of Accounts Receivables & Accounts Payable and assist as needed in the yearly Audit.
- Maintain Donor Database in Blackbaud Modules; Raiser’s Edge Constituent & Gifts, Luminate Online Donations and Blackbaud Merchant Services.
- Process all donations received (cash, check, credit card) and create appropriate Thank You and Acknowledgement letters for donors.
- Process and reconcile donation report for Financial office
- Generate and Distribute Weekly Donor Reports to staff and other ad hoc reports as needed.
- Clean up an maintain donor database as well as manage duplicates.
- Manage all transactions via internal and external software platforms (Classy, 501 Auctions and relations with merchant services (Paypal, Braintree Pay, Stripe) to reconcile reports for Financial office.
- Assist in researching available grant opportunities
- Prioritize and help coordinate reporting and submission requirements for grants awarded to Foundation.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, can work independently as well as in a team setting and enjoys working with a diverse group of people. The position requires the capability of handling varied responsibilities and projects relating to day to day operations and program development. This person must be an energetic self-starter with excellent organizational and communication skills. Prior experience working with donor management software is preferred. Must be willing to work flexible hours, including a limited number of nights and weekends throughout the year. This position requires a two to four-year college degree and two to three years of experience.