Current Dougie’s Team Events:
2020 TCS New York City Marathon
The Flutie Foundation is now accepting Dougie’s Team applications for the 2020 TCS New York City Marathon on Sunday, November 1, 2020. Be part of the highly sought after 50th anniversary of this historic race.
• $3,500 fundraising minimum for applicants seeking a charity bib
• $1,000 fundraising minimum for applicants with their own bib
As a Dougie’s Team member, you will receive:
• Access to a Charity Bib for the 50th NYC Marathon
• Support crew from the Flutie Foundation for marathon weekend
• Custom Dougie’s Team singlet and training shirt
• Custom NYC marathon training plan
• Room block for race weekend
124th Boston Marathon
The Flutie Foundation is proud to be an official charity partner for the 124th Boston Marathon to be held on Monday, April 20, 2020.
About Dougie's Team
WHAT...Dougie’s Team consists of individuals who participate in a variety of sporting events to raise money for the Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation for Autism. Some have a family member, close friend or colleague who is living with autism. Others are runners looking to add some meaning to their next marathon. Some are simply moved by the story of Doug & Laurie Flutie, whose personal experience of having a child diagnosed with autism, inspired them to help others. Whatever your motivation, we welcome you!
WHY...To encourage acceptance and raise awareness about autism, while raising money to create programs and partnerships that are helping families affected by autism live life to the fullest.
HOW....Whether you run, participate in triathlons, cycle, or hike, there's a place for you on Dougie’s Team! Pick an event, register, complete a Dougie's Team application. Start training!
By competing for Dougies Team you will receive:
• An official Dougies Team t-shirt, Flutie Foundation wristband, and Flutie Foundation string bag
• Personalized fundraising page
• Support from each other as well as Flutie Foundation staff and volunteers.
Make Any Event a Dougie’s Team Event:
If you decide you want to compete for Dougie’s Team at an event in your hometown or another location, that’s great! We welcome you to the team and are here to support your efforts. Visit www.active.com to find an event in your area.
Email Terri Ladka at email@example.com to let us know more about your plans!