Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation of Autism – Framingham, MA
Marketing Coordinator - Content
Salary Range $35,000 - $45,000
About the Flutie Foundation
The Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation for Autism was established in 1998 by former NFL quarterback Doug Flutie and his wife, Laurie, in honor of their son, Doug, Jr., who was diagnosed with autism at the age of three. Over the last 22 years, DFJFA has impacted thousands of people and families affected by autism through several programs and initiatives. In addition to a robust annual general grant program, DFJFA provides technology supports, adaptive camp scholarships, community safety support, direct financial assistance to families, and employment opportunities for adults with autism.
A newly developed position, the Marketing and Production Coordinator (MPC) will be a highly motivated and skilled content creator, social media and digital maven, and passionate about making a difference in the autism nonprofit community. This person will join a small but dynamic and action-oriented team. The MPC will report to the Senior Marketing Manager and work closely with the Director of Development. The position will be 60% remote (work-from-home). MPC will be expected to work from Framingham, MA office and attend meetings and events regularly throughout Greater Boston.
Video Content production
Goal: Create engaging, high-reach video content that builds brand awareness and recognition.
- Project management and logistics coordination for internal and external video creation, including production, directing, and script implementation
- Work with Senior Marketing Manager (SMM) to produce live-streamed events, including our signature in-person events
- Manage content development, project scoping and budget, production scheduling, delivery, and post-campaign video management
- Coordinate relationships with external creatives -- photographers, videographers, and other
- Film and/or edit existing footage to create engaging and creative short and long-form content that visually represents the work of the Flutie Foundation
- Travel to shoots and programs, and work with talent to produce content
- Identify, grow, and prospect content opportunities for talent from the autism community
MARKETING GRAPHIC DESIGN
GOAL: Create high-quality, brand reputable, segmented digital communication and marketing collateral.
- Work with the SMM to create and design engaging digital content for social media, emails, website, and online platforms
- Execute and assist in creating marketing collateral (sponsor material, mail appeals, invitations, banners) for all year-long multi-channel marketing campaigns that support key initiatives such as EOY, Gala, Flutie 5k, Flutie Fellows, Boston Marathon, Corporate Partnerships, Community Grants, etc.
- Manage website health and functionality through updates, content development, and working with consultants
- Be responsible for deliverables relative to corporate and other partnerships, grants/foundations, and other organizational priorities.
- Assist in developing creative aspects of print and electronic materials, development communications, and annual appeal letters.
EVENT AND SOCIAL MEDIA SUPPORT
GOAL: Oversee top-of-class external presence on social media and maintain a professional, front-facing, active presence at events.
- Represent the Flutie Foundation externally at events and meetings
- Work closely with the SMM to plan and execute logistical aspects of Foundation events, including run-of-show, talent acquisition, and program scripts
- Provide general event, fundraising, marketing, and digital support to Dougie’s Team and 3rd party events as directed.
- Manage day-to-day messaging and branding across all digital and social media marketing platforms and maintain the Flutie Foundation's voice through proactive responsiveness to comments, direct messages/inquiries, shared posts/stores, and other external tags
- Monitor online activity referencing the Flutie Foundation, our partners, autism, and trends related to our mission. Actively respond and share when appropriate
- Maintain meaningful metrics for online community engagement, focusing on the website, Facebook, Linked In, and Instagram to report to the SMM
- Manage day-to-day communication with social media (Facebook, Instagram) fundraisers and fundraising posts
SKILLS, CHARACTERISTICS, COMPETENCIES, AND BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS
- Passion for improving lives for people with autism, their families, and their communities
- Experience with Adobe products: Premiere Pro, Illustrator, and Photoshop; Understands basic lighting principles; Ability to maintain the organization of footage in post-production.
- Understanding social media channels and audience demographics to create appropriate content/media and use effectively and strategically
- Graphic design skills and experience
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Action-oriented and self-starter
- Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities
- Demonstrated capability to conduct oneself calmly and professionally when dealing with people and/or with difficult situations.
- Ability to thrive amongst change and uncertainty
- Ability to occasionally work flexible hours during the week and on weekends with a source of reliable transportation
Flutie Foundation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants of all races, colors, religions, genders, gender identities or expressions, sexual orientation, national origins, disabilities, ages, or veteran status, are enthusiastically encouraged to apply.
To apply, email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.