Why Give to The Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation?
Families affected by autism want what every family wants – for their loved ones to be healthy, to learn, enjoy friendships, work, to live fully. They know that access to care, active lifestyles, and opportunities for independence will make all the difference throughout their loved one’s journey. Too often they struggle to find and afford effective interventions. The Flutie Foundation helps families by identifying and funding organizations best equipped to provide therapeutic, educational, recreational, and employment supports for people with autism.
With so many worthy causes and institutions to consider, it must be as challenging as it is satisfying to plan your charitable gifts each year. Donors frequently tell us they trust the Flutie Foundation to:
- Increase the awareness of autism and the acceptance of people with autism
- Listen to, advise, and focus on helping families living with autism TODAY
- Vet and fund top service partners offering educational, recreational and therapeutic supports
- Stretch further as the autism prevalence numbers rise - today 1 in 68 US children is diagnosed
- Operate on a lean budget so that 82 cents of every dollar raised helps families
- Demonstrate the sound fiscal management, accountability, and transparency for which we were recognized with a 4 star rating by Charity Navigator.
- Offer fun and meaningful donor engagement opportunities throughout the year
Donors demonstrate their values by supporting the Flutie Foundation, and their faith in us to share their investments thoughtfully and as tangibly and directly as possible. Together we bring hope and opportunities to more than 5,000 people each year. Join us!